Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Daniel and Amanda

In my quest to become a better photographer, I was blessed to meet professional photographer and makeup artist Laura Aguon while on a hike one random day. In turn, she also introduced me to Bob Duren, another photographer with who she works closely. Both have willingly agreed to let me assist them on their many shoots in order to learn, grow, and gain experience!

My first shoot was assisting Bob on Saturday at the North Shore with a couples session. I started by handling reflectors and observing, but soon was able to pose and shoot my own frames, as well as shoot simultaneous angles using Bob's equipment. The session took place during what we call, "the golden hour" which is the time period right before sunset. It's said to be the ideal time for shooting, and I can tell why! The constantly shifting light and colors in the sky, mixed with more mild temperature and a less crowded beach combined to showcase a truly beautiful couple.

Daniel and Amanda are a sweet boyfriend/girlfriend duo who are clearly in love! A member of the US Navy, Daniel was scheduled to deploy for 6months on a submarine in just four days from their shoot and wanted to have something special for each of them to keep while their lines of communication were broken. A memorable beach photoshoot allowed them to have a memorable experience together and stunning pictures that will last forever! Here are some of my shots from the session, just a glimpse compared to the amazing array of Bob's work!  I hope this young couple finds comfort in the photos through the difficult times ahead of them.


No comments:

Post a Comment