Friday, December 14, 2012

Derek & Ashley's engagement session

Engagement sessions are so much fun and a whole different ballgame compared to family shoots. That's one of the things I love about photography- every session is so unique and presents it's own set of challenges it's own personality. I also remember how much fun I had at my own engagement session just last year and I think that's a crucial part of taking photos: the experience behind them! Engagement photos are a great opportunity to capture the freshness and excitement of love.

Derek and Ashely were on vacation on Oahu and wanted to take advantage of the beautiful scenery to use for their engagement photos and Save-the-Dates. When working with two adults, I am able to get really creative because the flow is so much quicker with communication as opposed to whistles and animal noises (kids get a kick out of those for some reason). This couple was so personable and by the end, I felt like I had two new friends! It was so easy to see the love in their eyes and I wish them the best of luck with their upcoming wedding in April back at their home in California.


No comments:

Post a Comment